"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Dresses and Celebrations


We are so fortunate to have a Temple adjacent to our Church. We decided that sitting on the step of the temple truly is the best place to display our pretty new Easter Dresses. Thank you to Gran (my mom) who gave these to the girls. They sure felt like princesses.


Kaia wants me to write this under the picture where she's so beautiful:
"On Easter we took pictures underneath the temple. There's other pictures of my sisters too!"





It would have been nice to have a full family picture, but there wasn't time or really a way to set up the camera to do a timer. Sigh. Perhaps some other time.

Anyway, after church we came home and had "rests". Our kids have never been so anxious for a nap, but that's when the Easter Bunny comes, so they RAN upstairs after their lunch and all fell asleep in the same bed (I missed this photo opportunity and I'm still kicking myself). We got the actual Easter egg hunt on video, but these are some after pictures to enjoy!!

Kaia and Saryn's Easter Baskets. Kienna's broke this year, so we're going to have to find a replacement basket. Yay for after Easter sales!!

This is a Mullen family tradition... After we find all the Easter Eggs, we pour it all into a big bowl and divide them up into types of candy etc. That way it is fair and we get to spend more time gathering together. Here is our final results (we haven't quite got to the point where we divide the colours up too.....but when they're older, I'm sure it'll get there....).



Now, just so you don't think we had an only commercialized Easter, we had a wonderful sacrament meeting and an absolutely inspiring fireside dedicated to the Easter Holiday. Jarett sang a Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief with a verse of I Know that My Redeemer Lives to the same tune. I also accompanied some Activity Day girls who were singing "He Sent His Son". I also had the opportunity to sing (this is rare) with some other ladies. It was a hymn that was in the Ensign this month that I had never heard before. It was simply beautiful. I also got to sing tenor which was fun. I don't get to do that often. Anyway, it was a WONDERFUL Easter! Hope you had a Happy Easter too!

9 comments:

Sheers said...

What CUTE cute dresses! I love them! And what a fun tradition to separate all the candy out by kind!

stone's eye view said...

Look out! Kaia looks 6 going on 17.

Alysha Sladek said...

the girls looked adorable! great pictures. and awesome job on all the songs yesterday. they were beautiful!

Oler Family said...

What great pictures! Your girls look darling in those dresses! That's a great idea to take pictures at the temple!

Alanna said...

Oh, those dresses are so beautiful...and the girls in them...WOW! What great pictures! I'm glad you had a wonderful Easter!

Hayley said...

This pictures are great. I LOVE the dresses they are so cute!

April said...

Your family is so beautiful! The dresses were adorable- I'm so glad your Easter was happy!

Heather said...

Those are priceless pictures. The girls look so cute in their matching Easter dresses!

Camilla said...

Your gals are little beauties! They have so much of you in them, and I see your younger sisters in them too. The dressed are fabulous! Thumbs up to your mom for those. Where's a tripod when you need one? Matthew and I always comment on that when looking through our pics... there are very few with the WHOLE crew.