"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bedtime Stories

Last night as I was putting the kids to bed, they each said something that cracked me up....

Kaia: "Mom, today at school Noah and Thomas almost KILLED Anthea". What?!? "Yeah, there was some chocolate on the ground and they almost made her touch it." What?!? "Yeah, she's allergic to milk, Mom.....and chocolate has milk in it." OH!!!!


Kienna: "Mom, I love you more than life itself." She says this to me nightly and we get into a competition on who loves who more. This has been a nightly discussion and yesterday Kaia told me that she also loves yogurt more than life itself. Somehow, it's losing its meaning.


Saryn: "Mom, I'm sorry." This is always a scary sentence. "Sorry for what?" "For being naughty today". This was the most needed sorry for a long time. She had a horrible day getting into EVERYTHING. She was snitching like crazy and colouring on couches - you name it. "That's okay honey, tomorrow you'll be better, right?" "Yeah, I'm going to go to a doctor."

6 comments:

Alanna said...

Oh cute...they were all so funny. Kaia's paranoid tendencies don't come out at all! And I love the "More than life itself"...I do love yogurt Kienna...but that's pushing it.

Marvelous Marvel said...

Cute!!!

Bethany said...

Hey, no, don't feel bad about ranking right up with a glob of strawberry yogurt. That's good stuff. :)

Mackenzie Richards said...

Saryn is HILARIOUS!!! I love how kids interpret things. I laughed out loud and woke up Jon sleeping on the couch. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

love it. i almost couldn't read any of it i kept getting distracted by the picture of the chocolate....

hopefully the doctor doesn't have a couch she can color on, too...

Heather said...

I love that Saryn is going to visit a doctor so she can do a better job tomorrow. I love how kids think.