"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, June 13, 2008

It's a BOY!!


For those who haven't heard. We got news last Friday that we're having a baby boy!! We are very excited (although we would've been excited either way). Let the preparations BEGIN!!

So, many have asked if we have picked out a name. Jarett really wants to honor his Grandfather (who is a wonderful man) by naming his firstborn son after him. So, since his name was Lervae, I've said, "NOT A CHANCE". But we have struck a compromise and decided that can be his middle name and I will make him go with the middle initial of L. It'll still be to remind our son to try to live up to the Legacy of his Great Grand-father Lervae Cahoon, but it won't serve as a source of teasing and such. So here comes the tricky part......What sounds good preceding Lervae Cahoon?? Here's my top boy names right now. I would appreciate any comments on them and also any suggestions of good names you heard that you think sound good.

Rhett
Jamison (short would be called Jamis) or Jameson.
Harrison
Stetson
Brayden
Jantz
Jamus

um, that's all I can remember right now. Jarett thought it would be cool to name a boy Ty, but spelled Thai. I'm pretty sure that one is out now....but if someone likes it, I'd be interested to know. Anyway, OPINIONS PLEASE!!

6 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I like Harrison, and I don't mind Ty, but I like it spelt TY.

Anonymous said...

Surprisingly, I actually like Thai!!!
Can we call him Tile for short? Short for Thai L.?
I could do without Harry.
You forgot to put Angus on the list!!!

stone's eye view said...

I think that crazy anonymous person is gonna have to have her own baby boy if she wants an Angus, don't you?
I do like Thai, though. I have thought about Asia (but too close to Taysia anyways), and Korea forms of names....
I think Lervae is fine as a middle name. It really is not weirder than all the other names out there. No need for just an initial. Just like everything else these days, anything goes.

Marilee said...

I like Harrison and Rhett. Angus? That must be Mary. You are so funny Mary. Angus?

Anonymous said...

I like Thaiger. Thai for short

Becky said...

Ashley,
Hey lady!!! A boy!!!! So fun! So forgeign to me! I really liked all those names. My friend just had a baby and named him Jamison and it is so cute. But I think all of them are so cute!
love,
Becky Ruff (0:
Smile