"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Belated Father's Day

Okay, so after reading every one elses' tribute to their husbands, I realized that I really need to do that too. I mustered up the courage to do it so late when I saw some other people write later. The truth of the matter is that I've been so exhausted and sore that it's been hard to sit still for as long as it would take to truly pay tribute to such a wonderful guy. So here's the Sweetened Condensed version......

Jarett is a wonderful, wonderful husband. They say that the best gift a Father can give to his kids is to show them how much he loves their mother. Jarett is so good at that. He is constantly doing things for me - frequently when I don't deserve them. He truly has his mind focused on service. Almost every night (especially when I'm expecting), he rubs my feet or my back. He also does the dinner dishes or puts the kids to bed (whichever I feel like doing the least) every night that he can. He works so hard at school so that he can get a good job to support us.....this is bittersweet because he's gone a lot, but his heart truly is in the right place. We don't get to see him very much during the school year, but he is constantly working so hard.....and when he is home, he is VERY home. He's down playing with the kids or helping me with dinner or something wonderfully productive. He also is extraordinarily valiant with his church responsibilities. I LOVE that I have a husband who devotes so much time and effort to the gospel. I love that he honours his priesthood and that I never have to doubt that he is worthy to give his family a blessing when it's needed. I love that he does all he can when he's asked to help out at the church or for a calling. I also LOVE that all he ever would want to be is a primary teacher.

Jarett is also a WONDERFUL father. The girls literally squeal with glee when Daddy comes home. They love him so much. They love him to read them stories (although Kaia does insist on him not using his funny voices). It is so often that I go downstairs to see what Jarett and the kids are up to and they've taken out the instruments and are beating along to some primary song or another song they've made up. Another favorite thing to do is to take out Jarett's remote control car and drive it around the basement (unless weather is actually good enough to take it outside). Another favorite (which I believe shows how much Jarett still has his inner child intact) is the Barbie Slingshot that Jarett created with a bungee chord. The kids went wild with this invention. His constant accents and tickling and playful manner make the children always want to be with him......but the biggest thing that they know, is just how much he loves them. They KNOW it......and I think that is the biggest and best thing a Father could do.

We are so lucky in our family to have such a wonderful husband/father. I'm so excited that we are having a little boy who can grow up with such a great Dad as an example for how he should be. Jarett will be such a great example to him. He will probably train him to beat up any guy that comes within 10 feet of our girls, but that's just the over protectiveness of Jarett kicking in again. I'm so glad I have a husband who cares so much. Thanks Hon, for all that you do.


I also want to thank my Dad and my Father-in-law. They are WONDERFUL men. My Dad was constantly calling us girls, "Beautiful" or "Gorgeous" instead of by our names. He was always encouraging and promoting us to do that best we could. He constantly was teaching us through his actions and through his passion for music. He is not a man who is afraid to cry in front of his girls and it was through this I learned of his love for us. He cannot make it through a "Daddy/Daughter" song without getting choked up. He especially taught us through Fiddler on the Roof and many other prime moments how much it would hurt him to have us go against what we have been taught. He is such a great example - even though he was constantly at work or at church callings, I've always known the overly powerful love he has for all of his girls. I've been so lucky to have my Dad.


I also want to pay tribute to Jarett's Dad. What a humble man!! He is constantly working and helping out anyone who he sees may need help (although, he does have a wife who sees things very quickly and is good at getting him on the job). He is always the first to be somewhere to help set up and is always the last to leave. He is the perfect example of quiet service to me. He never stops and I am inspired by that. He is a quiet man, but he has taught his children through example of the importance of hard work and determination. I am so thankful for all his generosity and kindness.


HAPPY BELATED FATHER'S DAY to all these wonderful men!! I am so grateful to have you in my life.

PS- I had pictures of each of these men. Unfortunately, there are uploading errors.....I'll try to add some later.

5 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

very nice tribute!

Becky said...

There is nothing like an amazing father! I am so blessed to be married to a man who is an amazing father!!!
Thanks for the great tribute!
Email me!
rebeccaruff913@hotmail.com

love,
Becky Ruff (0:
Smile

Becky said...

You mentioned on my blog that you are coming back down here to Utah? Is that the plan? What are your plans? Where exactly are you guys in Canada? Maybe we could meet somewhere sometime for a family vacation or something like that? Email me.
love,
Becky Ruff (0:
Smile

stone's eye view said...

glad to know that my brother is doing something right

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Your husband must have an AMAZING mother!!!