"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Year. New Resolutions.

Okay, so after pressure from various people, I've decided that one of my new year's resolutions will be to update my blog at least once a month. That is so it is reasonable, but I will try to do it more than that. So, other resolutions are....

Starting Weight Watchers again.
Going to the Gym 3 times a week.
Reading scriptures daily.
Writing in my journal daily.

So anyone who wants to help me out my checking on me, would be great.

We ushered in the new year at home with a visit to the emergency room with Kienna. She had been throwing up for about 2 days straight and was doing nothing but watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on the couch all day. When she woke up with her lips so cracked that they were bleeding and once I noticed she had lost about 4 pounds, I called some people and we all decided she needed an IV or something. So, bracing myself, I figured out arrangements for the other girls and I took off to the hospital (as I left, Kaia had a fever of 103 lowering after a long sleep and a lot of sweating. Saryn had a fever of 101 because she was teething.) We got there and they checked vitals before they sent us to sit down. They warned us that it would be a really long wait. We sat in the waiting room by a little boy who had been there for 5 hours after being transfered over from another hospital where he had waited 5 hours. I was kinda feeling doomed, but within 10 minutes, a pediatrician came and checked Kienna out. She took us to a little room off the side of the waiting room and checked everything. She told us what she was planning and then told us to take a seat. Before we even sat down, she called us back and said that she'd just push us ahead by putting us in an adult bed. The kids beds were full, so there was a ridiculous wait. So we were in within half an hour, thank heaven. After giving her some anti-nausea medicine (the same kind given to chemotherapy patients), we gave her some things to drink and she still wasn't keeping anything down, so they did the IV, and almost as the needle went in, she fell asleep and you could almost see her face coming back to life with the fluid. She has only thrown up once since and today she has a lot more energy. She is even eating and everything. Kaia now has, in my opinion, croup. But overall, we're doing a lot better.

I got 4 new piano students this week, which I'm very excited about. I actually don't think I'll be able to accept any more until the fall. I also might be learning how to play the organ within the month, we shall see.

Jarett's back at school and it seems like it will be a much better year. His groups that he's been assigned so far are wonderful and he's super excited to be working with people who speak English. It just helps a little bit. I'm thrilled as well seeing as I might see more of him because of it.

Anyway, Christmas was wonderful. I'll attach a few random pictures....and we'll do more catch up later. Anyway, here's the update for January (and hopefully just the week or so).












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family, you and your girls and all your sisters...WOW!

stone's eye view said...

yeah!!
another post
i hope the girls are all getting better
hows the no treats thing going?

Alysha Sladek said...

yay for a new post!! hopefully the girls are all doing better. glad you took her in!!!