"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, January 11, 2008

Look at me go....

So, I was surprised to see that people actually still check my blog. Hats off to you for your patience. Anyway, this is for habit making purposes. So I apologize for nothing fascinating.

We went to the doctor today and found out that Kaia has a horrid ear infection as well as the croup (as suspected). Kienna has been okayed for now, but they're worried about a UTI. Apparently they can cause a lot of vomiting etc. and girls are especially susceptible.

Jarett doesn't have school on Fridays, so he's been around today, therefore, allowing me to FINALLY get to the gym. I ran for 2 miles and stopped only because I had to get home to bring the other two to the doctor.....well, that and I was starting to feel like I was going to throw up. It felt great to run again though. I got to use my new heart rate monitor/watch that Jarett gave me for Christmas. I didn't realize how high my heart rate was. Although I'm getting a great work out, I guess I need to slow down to get a better target on weight loss/fat burning. It is a big eye opener, so it's fun.

Weight Watchers has been great to start again. Since starting on Monday, I've already dropped 3 pounds. Can't complain about that. I love the point system.... It's just so much easier to keep track of things. Anyway, I got to use my new kitchen scale this week, so it's easier to keep track of a lot of the points. Anyway, it's great.

Well, other than that, I'm trying to get Saryn to try new vegetables. Any ideas?

4 comments:

stone's eye view said...

Sometimes Enoch wont touch something until I give LEvi the green light. Once Levi is snatching up Enoch's food, he goes crazy and its a race to the finish.

Anonymous said...

Hey

I was in weight watchers its awesome I lost like 20 lbs in like 6 months! keep going hun! thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Oh ps about the veggies, a friend told me to use pureed baby food and hide it EVERYWHERE in their food, sweet potatoes are a good one, and also put veggies on their plate everytime and not as much of the other food and then if thye only eat a few bites of the veggies and eat all the oher food you dont feel bad because you hide veggies in them alreayd, and hey you and your hubby get more veggies too!

Susie said...

forgot about your blog. nice update you & your sick kids uhhh sounds exhausting pics next time too!