"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Blonde Moment vs Senior Moment

I started cooking eggs the other day and threw some toast in the oven.  Kaia and Kienna were downstairs cleaning their room and suddenly came upstairs.  When they said it was because their room was clean, I couldn't believe my ears.... there wasn't even any fighting.

I ran downstairs to double check and it was almost completely done.  It was so close in fact, that I asked Kienna to grab the vacuum so that I could just finish it off for them.

I finished vacuuming and started to vacuum the stairs when I smelled burnt toast.  Oh no!!

I ran upstairs, saved the eggs.... not so much on the toast.  "Dang it.  What a stupid blonde moment!"

Kaia pipes up, "What do you mean by a blonde moment?"

"Well, it's just a stereotype of blondes being ditsy.  I guess it's kind of ironic that I'm mocking blondes when I am one."

"Oh mom, you're not a blonde any more... you're just grey."

Thanks smarty pants... you know how to make your mom's day.  Guess it was just a seniors moment.  Ugh.

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Oh no! I mean yay... now you have two outs when you make a mistake.