"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The House

Well, I feel as though I have a good reason this time for the ridiculous delay.  Our house has finally sold and after a whole days relief, I decided that I needed to start to stress about what house to buy.  We went through a lot of houses, put an offer in on one in Midnapore.  After a couple days, we began to feel uncomfortable and luckily, the offer became invalid.  We found another house that had an en-suite in the basement that we could rent out which made it more in the price range that we could afford.  We have just fallen in love with this house and we're so excited.  We put in an offer immediately and after a house inspection, things were sealed up and we officially bought the house.  We'll be moving to Sundance, be in Midnapore Ward and are excited to get there.  We just have to get everything all packed up and over there.  We also have a layover for a month at my parents house, which means moving twice.  Otherwise, though, we couldn't be more thrilled with how things have worked out!  I've had a few requests for some pictures of the house, so hopefully they make sense.  Enjoy!

 Somehow, I only got a partial picture of the kitchen, but this gives the general idea.  There's a pantry cupboard to the right and an island to the left.  It also has a BOSCH dishwasher.  Hip hop hooray!

 Dining room and living room above.  Den below.

 Washer and Dryer are on the main floor in a closeable closet off of the bathroom.  Lots of storage too!



6 comments:

Brooklyn Marie Mullen said...

That looks REALLY nice Ash!!!! Thats awesome :) I'm so excited to see it! Maybe i'll come home for a long weekend!

Amber C said...

So Great! I can't wait to see your stuff in there though. You have a much better sense of style! :)

Alysha Sladek said...

congrats on selling and buying a house! you've got to be happy that's over. I HATE that process! main floor laundry is AWESOME! I'm hoping our next place has that (or upstairs laundry)
good luck with the move.

Brittany said...

Congratulations Ashley and Jarett! I'm so excited for you! Out looks super nice

Dustin said...

So exciting!! I see what you mean about the purple paint color, but it looks great! Can't wait to see it with your stuff in it!

Beryl Shoekel said...

Ash, how exciting to see these pictures, the house looks wonderful. I had no idea these pictures were posted. I hope it won't be long before we will be able to come up to Calgary and see the house after you move in.
Needless to say I am soooo, soooo happy your offer on the first house fell through.
We love you guys!
Aunty Beryl