"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Not always a bed of roses.

 Saryn can be a fireball.  Saryn can be the sweetest thing on earth, as well, but she can definitely be a fireball  Violin seems to bring both of these sentiments out the strongest.  Music can be good for that.  Or in this case, bad for that.  About 2 months ago, we were practicing a song for Christmas and she had HAD it.  I jotted down a few of her comments that made me laugh (in my head - wanting to burst out so bad).

Saryn: "I don't want to practice today, can I do two practices tomorrow instead?"
 Mom:  "Why not now?"
Saryn:  "There's just something lost inside me and I'm waiting for it to come."

During the middle of the session that then started, I asked her why she was getting so frustrated and screaming.  Her answer as simple, "I don't know, all I know is this:  (pause, the screaming...) "I'M SO TIRED!!"

I'm pretty sure that we ended soon after.  I just wanted to jot this down so that I can remember these times and laugh.

4 comments:

Janelle Locking said...

she is soo funny!

Alanna said...

Hey, I totally relate to, "There's something lost inside me and I'm waiting for it to come"... for example: will power to stop eating yet another cowboy cookies; or that burst of energy that shows up occasionally and makes me clean everything; and many days just my brain in general. I couldn't have said it better Saryn.
I also relate to the, "I'M SO TIRED!!
So funny... all the drama!

Brittany said...

Saryn has such a fun personality. It is fun to see her take the leader role with other kids. I saw that over and over again when I was up in Lethbridge. I have to second Alanna and Saryn with the whole "There's something lost inside me and I'm waiting for it to come." I totally relate.

Beryl Shoekel said...

Our real little drama queen.