"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, October 21, 2011

Mr Jay is 3!

Jaymeson woke up this morning, RAN into my room and said, "Mom, I had REALLY good seep!"  After reminding him that it's his birthday, he has been running around talking about how big he is ever since.  Apparently 3 years, is the big step into manhood.  He is so excited - he even told me he was done with pull-ups because he's a big boy.  Hopefully he sticks to it!

I realize that I just recently did a post on my Mr. Jay, so I won't go over it all again.  I did, however, want to say just a couple other things.

Jaymeson is a gentleman-in-the-making.  He knows that it is his job to help the girls by carrying things and opening doors for them.  He does this, not because he wants to show respect for girls (which ideally would be why, but let's face it - he's 3).  Instead, he shows me his muscles and says, I'm a big, strong boy.  It's totally because he's strong and he can show it!

He is, however, incredibly darling.  My MIL read my last post and told me afterwards that she has never entered a house where he has been playing when he hasn't immediately dropped everything and run over to give her a big hug to welcome her.  Since she pointed that out, I've noticed that he does that to every person he knows.  He always wants people to know he loves them!

When I asked Jay what he wanted to do for his birthday (giving the options of the zoo or Heritage Park or going swimming etc.), he answered quickly, "Go for a ride in a car!! - a PINK car!"  Yes, my little boy is not only easily satisfied, but he's totally secure in his masculinity!  He still wants a Lightning McQueen cake though (his first answer was a pink cake, but he changed it quickly).

Anyway, I just love my Jaymeson.  He brings a special feeling in the house and he just makes everyone smile.  I asked my girls what they love about Jaymeson and these were their answers:

"He is SO cute and he always pretends to scare us.  He just acts like he's all grown up, pretends he's a monster and he's just so cute that I hope he never grows up - even though he already is." --Kaia

"He shares his car cars.  He asks us questions like, 'Can you play Hide-and-Seek?'  I'm excited because it's his birthday and he's really fun on his birthday!"  --Kienna

"I love him because he always plays with me and I love his voice and I don't think I know anything else." --Saryn.

Think he looks like his Dad much??







2 comments:

Brittany said...

Holy cow! Jay looks so much like Jarett! He really is such a gentleman. I love that little guy!

Alanna said...

So according to Kaia, Jay is already grown up, eh? Cute! He's a very cute boy! Don't tell Dustin about the "pink" business (he's not quite as "secure" in his masculinity I guess... I'm sure he'd have a different reason) :D