"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

That Darn Plural

The English Language is supposed to be one of the most difficult languages to learn. Saryn has been reminding me of this recently. My favorite examples deal with pluralizing things.


While I make dinner,
"Mom, Can I PLEASE have just ONE Chee?"
...Cheese apparently is the plural.

While putting on a new dress,
"Oh wow, That is my favorite Clothe"
...It's one of her clothes I suppose.

While learning her manners,
"I already said a plea"
...I guess she's used to saying please many times.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Oh that's awesome.

stone's eye view said...

I follow her completely. She is quite clever to think of an English goof that I had never even thought of. SS is so plural.

Anonymous said...

Why is she so smart? I think she could be the subject of a PhD dissertation on the evolution of the English language.
I actually got my name in the newspaper (way back when) for asking my mom, "Why is 'big' such a little word, and 'little' such a big word?" Sigh... I guess the smart genes run in the maternal side of the Cahoon family...
(It was most likely a REALLY slow day at the newspaper office.)
-g

Alanna said...

I love Saryn's "chee" and I didn't know about the rest. Ha ha ha!

Unknown said...

hahaha! that's adorable!