"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Christmas Tree

So, many of you have shown us the pictures of your GLORIOUS Christmas Trees. I LOVE them, and am just a touch envious as, this year, we have decided to stick to our classic tree.

We received this tree as a wedding present (this is more normal if you consider that we were married 3 days before Christmas) from Rosalee (my Dad's secretary) and it served as our Christmas tree until our kids were old enough to care about wanting a real one and decorating it. It really is a wonderful tree and is perfect for a young couple starting out. This year, we've decided that because we're going to be out of town from the 11th on, it really isn't worth it to spend the money and time on finding a tree and decorating it (especially since we have access to some perfectly wonderful trees at both of their Granny's houses). So, here's to our perfectly wonderful Ceramic Christmas tree!!


On the other hand, we have Stockings to hang up this year for the first time, courtesy of my sister, Alanna. This was a surprise gift last Christmas Eve from Alanna that I LOVE and I'm so happy that I finally have. She quilted these for our family and is currently working on the one for Jaymeson (good luck Alanna with getting his whole name in). Anyway, since I love these so much, I thought I would post them on here too (with the Christmas tree standing in for Jaymeson's stocking). YAY for Christmas Decorations!!

7 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

those stockings are super cute!! nice christmas tree! works great right ;) still cant believe youre going to cali right before christmas! thatll be so fun. (and please ignore my lack of punctuating on this... my apostrophes look like this è)

Melanie said...

I love the stockings, I attempted to make some a few years ago and am humiliated every year when I pull them out - I think I will try again next year, and for now Ethan doesn't even have one

Megan C said...

Wow! Alanna did a great job on those stockings! So cute! I LOVE your little tree! Priceless!

April said...

Those stockings are beautiful! WOW!

Hayley said...

Yay! Christmas! I want stockings! I'll be at my apartment until the 19th or 20th and yet we still have no decorations up...Sad. Maybe I will go and do that today...You've inspired me! ha

Anonymous said...

Those poor, deprived children! The most part of the fun is getting to decorate the tree! Do they at least get to plug in a lightbulb?

Yes, Alanna is definitely gifted in the quilty world. She might consider pattern designing. I would be curious how much she could get on Ebay for her personalized Christmas stockings! I'll bet she could make a chunk of cash!

I don't understand the name challenge as far as fitting it on the stocking. "Angus" fits just fine!

Hilary said...

Those stockings are absolutely fabulous! So cute!! Will your sister make some for me too? ;) Ok, I'm really liking your blog list, now I know what you were talking about, I thought it was something else. I need to figure this all out because for some reason, on my Reader it says you don't have any new posts but you do. Weird. Anyway, we're excited to see you in a few days!!!!!