"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, May 30, 2008

Piano Prodigy

So, I guess Kienna is my little prodigy. I've been trying to teach Kaia and Kienna piano for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it. These last two weeks, however, we've actually been doing lessons and for the most part they're going well.

Today, during Kienna's lesson, she wasn't quite getting one of the songs. So I was helping her by pointing to the notes and counting. She finally stopped half way through and said, "Mom, I'll just do this one by myself." She then proceeds to play random notes all over the piano. Obviously the composer and the teacher aren't needed. I was unaware I have the next Mozart in my house.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least there will be one musically talented member of your family!

Laura Leavitt said...

that is so cute. That is so awesome that you can teach them. Kienna is so pretty and now and prodigy....you better beware.

Becky said...

Ok,
That is so cute. I am working with Sarah on the piano, too. I get to start with Rachel this fall, I think. It should be interesting!!!
Your kids are so beautiful!!! You are going to be in trouble in like 8-10 years!!! Watch out! Richard is getting ready, too!!
Drop me an email when you get a sec. rebeccaruff913@hotmail.com
I am going to post some new pictures soon on my blog, too. It is easy to get behind!
I hope to talk to you soon!
love,
Becky Ruff (0:
Smile