"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Nature's Memory

I think that, as mother's, we forget things - and it's a blessing.  It's the only reason we would ever have more than one child.  I have been thinking recently how I must've been such a baby - my hips were never that bad during pregnancy.  Then today, on my facebook flashbacks, I read this status from one year ago today.

11:20 am
"Well, it seems as though I'm staying put for the day. Managed to get down the stairs... So that was good. Lol."

I clearly wanted to understate my pain, because within a couple hours, I needed help.  This was my post at 2:16pm:

"Okay, when do you use ice and when do you use heat? Called physio and they're closed for the holiday. Hips are so loose that my leg has dislocated and I can't move. All advice would be appreciated!"

I remember this day vividly.  I sat on the couch at the most awkward of angles and cried as I sorted baby clothes.  My parents took all the kids to Calaway Park or the Zoo or something so I could cope with the pain better.  Yeah, there's a reason we forget... and why we're done.  I can't do that to my body again.  So glad I have all my sweet babies here now!

1 comment:

Alanna said...

AHHHH! I'm so glad my hips never did get THAT bad. It's funny you say that though, cuz with this heat I keep thinking about how a year ago the heat make my feet puff up so big that I could barely get my feet in flip flops and this year they are fine! So nice!