"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Musings of Ashley

On Monday, we went to the wave pool with the kids for family home evening. Jarett came over to the kids pool a few times to offer to take Lanaya so that I could go play, but I was enjoying her so much that I let him keep playing with the older kids. In some ways, I might've missed out, but in other ways, I was just soaking it all in!
From where I was, I could watch all of the older kids. I could see them play with each other, go down slides, and have a blast! It was so much fun to just watch them.  I had Benson and Lanaya by my side, and we had so much fun just splashing and enjoying the 'little guy' pool. I don't have much more time with a baby in my arms. This makes me so sad in some ways. I just thoroughly enjoyed sitting down and enjoying having a baby. I will just ache for that in a few years I am sure!
It was a wake up call for me. I only have about five years until Kaia leaves for university or a mission. I so badly want to buckle down and do all the things I imagined doing with my kids when I grew up. The clock is ticking!!  These are precious years. I am going to make the most of them!

No comments: