"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Moments to Remember

This morning I was doing my "insanity" workout.  Benson wanted to join in.  He kept on saying, "Mom, look, I'm so good at this!"  and "Way to go Mommy!" and kept rooting us on.  It was so sweet!  Such a sincere face and encouragement.  Made me so happy!

I drove Kaia to violin, gone a total of 10 minutes, and left Kienna and Saryn in charge.  I asked Kienna to make sure that Benson finished his dinner.  Within 5 minutes, I had two phone calls from home.  They went straight to voicemail where I heard:

Saryn:  "Mom, Benson isn't eating his dinner - and Kienna's being super bossy."

Then the next message:

Kienna:  "Mom, What Saryn said about Benson is true, but if anyone is being bossy, it's her."

People say that I'll miss and forget these moments.  It made me laugh so hard, so I thought I'd jot it down.  These little conflicts make them what they are later, right?

Yesterday, Jaymeson and Benson had a race upstairs and Jaymeson, being 2 years older, won.  Benson broke into tears.  His heart was completely broken.  After talking about practicing more and getting bigger and better as you grow, he calmed down... just in time for Jaymeson to remind him that he didn't win... but maybe next time.  The tears started again instantly.

Over Christmas holidays, we had a few adventures.  They all seemed to start New Year's Eve.

My Nana and Grandpa Dan were here for Christmas.  Gran and Aunty Beryl came up  Boxing Day.  On the 30th, Nana had a cough and started to feel under the weather and didn't even end up coming upstairs on New Year's Eve at all.  It spread fast.  Gran was sick the next day, as was Grandpa Dan.  The flu also started to spread.  Almost everyone in the house caught this nasty cold/cough or the flu.  All three of my Grandparents that were here developed Pneumonia.  My kids had boughts of the flu and coughing/colds (Lanaya was probably the worse), but they all got over it faster than Gran, Nana and Grandpa Dan (who are still dealing with it). 

Of course, we aren't usually staying at my parents anymore, as we live about 5 minutes away, but we were here for all of this as the Elder's, who are in our basement, brought Bedbugs into the house.  We found this out on New Year's Eve as well.  No big deal as far as health is concerned as it had just stayed in the Elder's apartment, but if they fumigate, they have to do the whole house - which means we had to prep for that.  It was an enormous undertaking.  We were there for DAYS washing, drying and bagging every piece of fabric in the house.  We had to throw away pillows and cushions and any stuffed animals as they could have eggs in them and we couldn't wash them thoroughly enough.  You don't realize how many linens, clothing, kitchen cloths, curtains etc. that you have until you have to wash all of them.  What a nightmare!!  We also had to empty out every closet, every dresser drawer and under every bed.  All furniture has to be a couple feet out from the wall and we had to sort through all of this and put it in the garage...  Then we had to shower, change into uncontaminated clothes and not touch anything as we came to my parents house to stay over night. 

We have a friend who is an exterminator, and he came and fumigated once, then has to wait to weeks for any eggs to hatch and then fumigate again.  Currently, we are still at my parents house, anxiously awaiting the chance to get back in and unpack.  What a headache!

1 comment:

Alanna said...

I feel so bad you had to go through all that. So glad Gran, Nana and Grandpa Dan are better now.