"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Our New Addition



I LOVE IT!! 
I got my very first real piano!  It's made it 1885 and still has everything super in tact, the sound it flawless.  I have been breaking it in all afternoon.  I love the detailing on it.  Sigh, I fell in love all over again.


We bought it because we needed to have a piano in a room for me to teach all the students I have enlisted for the fall.  The kids need to be able to walk around the house while I'm teaching, so we needed it to go in the den.  We got it from one of our favorite families (the Hunters), who just upgraded to a baby grand for a fabulous deal.  We are going to love every second of it.

This fall, I'll be teaching 24 students (I've never done that many before) and I'm getting a little nervous as to how I'm going to keep up with the schedule (along with my kids schedules and home schooling).  I'm excited though.  It'll be very interesting to see how the year goes.  We're starting in half an hour.... so here goes!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

I didn't realize that you were all the way up to 24 students! That's a lot! Good Luck! Oh, and the sound really is impressive! I love it too!

Janelle Locking said...

im in the same boat! aha i have more students than ever!! i have 18 right now! its crazy

Alanna said...

SOOO pretty Ashley! Love the details AND the color too!