"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Law! (written in 2011)

Well, Jarett has been a "real deal" lawyer for just over a month now and already I have had two "you-know-you-are-married-to-a-lawyer" moments.  Thought I'd share:

The first was when Kaia was going to the zoo for a field trip.  We could pay the $8 for the bus and admission OR we could show a copy of her zoo pass (which we had).  So, I asked Jarett if he'd photocopy Kaia's zoo pass so that I could hand it in to her teacher.  He runs into the office and it had been photocopied.... along with being notarized with a sworn statement that "This is a true likeness of the Zoo Pass of Kaia Cahoon's" complete with Jarett's seal and signature.  Excited about being a notary much?

The other one was when we got a new car (transmission in the Sienna was shot).  I needed to switch the plates and register them in his name.  I called ahead to ask what I needed and found out that I just needed Jarett's signature saying that I was allowed to register this car in his name with the VIN on it.  Instead I got a whole letter, complete with the seal from a notary saying swearing this affadavit to be made in a sound mind etc.

Good grief!

No comments: