"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, April 4, 2011

It's Been a While

So, WHY??  Why Ashley, has it taken you for-EVER to write on your blog?  You must not care any more.  You must have given up.  You must have nothing going on to write about.  Perhaps you're just sleeping on the job!
Well, ladies and gents (if there's any gents that read my blog)... it's simply because I have had a couple major things take over my life that I haven't quite learned how to balance along with blog writing.

The first is just plain and simple... I had a baby in November and he is getting worse and worse at sleeping.  Quite simply put... I'm exhausted.  Too exhausted to think and too exhausted to get to doing any "extras" that may come my way - like blogging.  We LOVE Benson... he is an extraordinarily happy baby during the day with one of the biggest and best smiles in the world.  At night time - he turns into a teething monster and can't seem to make it through more than 3 hours at a time.

The second is just seeming to be a really poorly timed choice.  We decided to sell our house.  Note to self:  after having a C-section and a fifth child.  DON'T PUT YOUR HOUSE UP FOR SALE!!  It's slightly more stressful than I had ever imagined.  Having 5 kids run around while you're trying to make a house completely spotless is not a small task.  Add to that the fact that my dear husband is working between 60-80 hours a week between his work and CPLED (a course that has replaced the bar exam) and just not around enough to make it sane.  Oh, throw in there Spring Break last week, my Mom being gone to the states for 6 weeks (my MAJOR support) and sick kids every other week (or close to).

So, how is the selling go, you might ask?  Well.... we've had THREE people come either 2 or 3 times and then decide to buy another house.  All of them have said that our house was #2 on their list.  I'm not sure what it would take to make it up to #1.... but I'm getting quite desperate to find out.  We DID, however, have one couple say that they love it, they'll buy it.... they just need to sell THEIR house first.  Ugh.  So we're waiting - ever so patiently (or not so much) to move on.  In the mean time.  I have neglected 'le blog'.  My apologies!

Quick update otherwise:

Jarett has a mere 6 weeks left of the CPLED course and 2 months left of articling before he qualifies for admission to the bar.  YAY!!  He also has not ceased to stop making me laugh.  After many times of being reminded to shut all the cupboard doors after using them, Jarett left me THIS lovely surprise... he really never will stop, will he?



Ashley - well, is just going crazy.... but what else is new, right?

Kaia is doing extraordinarily well at school.  She's starting to show an attitude of improvement in violin (which is great) as she learns more and more songs.  She's doing phenomenal and seems to really excel quickly when she decides to practice without whining.  She is growing up so quickly and is making me so proud of her with the efforts she makes to be a great sister.  She is always the first person there to comfort someone who is hurt or to help me get ready for dinner etc.  She will be baptized on the 16th of April and I couldn't be more proud of her!
Field trip to Heritage Park

Kienna is gaining more confidence with those around her and isn't NEARLY as shy at school as she was.  She's learned a few songs on the piano and is playing those as much as she can.  She's becoming more and more silly and beautiful with each passing day.  She is reading in French and English really well and has wonderful math skills.... but you should see this girls art.  It blows me away!  I think she's already surpassed Jarett and my capabilities.  She is such a fun, beautiful little thing.  I'm terrified of her teen-age years.


Saryn is still dancing, singing and acting her way through life.  She never stops - except when a movie is on or a book is there to read (or of course, if I let her go on Barbie.com).  Actually, she frequently is found dancing to movies and books AND barbie.com.  She makes me laugh every day and is growing up WAY too fast.  I can't believe she'll be in Kindergarten in the fall.  She is such a ball of energy!

Jaymeson will always be my little dude.  He lives for Marbleworks, cars, trains, balls and "ben-soo-bees" (SUV's).  He is learning his colors, giving high fives and pounding it (fists).  He's playing with "Bens" constantly.  He is super charming with his smile and his constant "Tank-Oo's"  Most of all, however, he always wants to be with his "guys" (sisters).  He sneaks into their room to snuggle with them after many pleas of "Nuggle Nenna" (or Aia or Sa-in).  They are his heroes and he tries to be like them constantly (a little too much when it comes to Barbies and other such silly things).  I have sure loved having a little boy!


Benson is growing like crazy.  He had a little bit of a rough start going from the 32nd percentile to the 18th in one month.  After one month of supplementing, he rocketed up to the 54th percentile... and after a couple more weeks, he up in the 80s.  He's weighing in at about 15 pounds at 4 months.  (of course Saryn hit 16 pounds by 6 weeks.... but not many babies can be Saryn).  He's super sweet and happy and one day (we hope) he'll stop spitting up and start sleeping.  Those are his only imperfections.  Otherwise he's just snuggled and cuddled and loved to death.  He's also started to grab at things and bring them to his mouth.  He rolled over from front to back on Family Day (Feb 20's) at almost 3 months.

Well, I think that's about it.  I'll post more when life settles.  Just thought I'd write a few things to remember.

13 comments:

ZogLady said...

Excellent update! I myself do not have a whole houseful of children.... But I totally understand the problem with juggling life and a blog!! You're awesome!! :)

Kamry Low said...

so glad you updated the blog! I love the pictures of kienne reading and holding bensons soother in. The joys of having older kids around! something i look forward to. Benson is SO cute!

Rebecca Jo said...

I MISS those babies so much!!! I cannot believe how big they are and how much ONE year has changed them. And Benson is so cute! I love knowing Saryn is still dancing her way through life... As if it could BE any other way! ANd your Blog is beautiful!

Unknown said...

They are SO cute! It's so good to hear from you. I wish we were closer that we could see you more. I hope that you little man starts to sleep better for you soon. Take care hun!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the update Ash!! I hope you stay sane, but I'm glad to hear all is well :) i miss you all and I'm so excited to come visit!!! I'll be home in about 2 weeks!! :) Cute cute pictures too... Can't wait! Love you

Brittany said...

I'm so glad you updated the blog. Your kids are getting so big. I miss you all so much. It makes me laugh that Jarett went and opened all the cupboards.

Bethany said...

Well, nice to see you again! :) Congratulations on your new little man! He is HAND-SOME. :)

Here's to hoping for a little bit more normalcy in your life...

Hayley said...

You told me Jarett did this, but I forgot. Too funny! and too familiar... ha.

Alysha Sladek said...

that is a LOT going on and understandably the blog is not on the list of things to do asap.
good luck with selling your house. it's a great house and awesome location so it'll sell. patience my dear. i know it's hard, but at least it's not like you HAVE to move 'cause you're moving cities, right? I hope it sells quick though. Been there and it's NOT a fun place to be.
Your kids are so cute and growing up WAY too fast! tell them to stop ;)

Alanna said...

Thanks for the update!
I love the picture of Kienna reading and holding the soother in Benson's mouth... obviously she wants to be like you! And I can't believe how long/beautiful her hair is.
I also LOVE the picture of Saryn. That pose... ha ha ha... I love it.
And I also love that Jaymeson calls his sisters, his guys... too funny!

stone's eye view said...

The picture of Saryn is so classic. That is exactly how I picture her in my head. Hopefully your house will sell soon, that is when I got to rest last year.
Good luck!!

Beryl Shoekel said...

We love the pictures and so enjoyed reading your blog Ash, I can imagine how hard it is to keep everything so tidy with five little people doing their thing. I think you are amazing with all you do accomplish.
The kids are all so adorable, Saryn must learn dancing, she is a natural.
Love you guys!

Brittany said...

It is weird to think that the dress Kienna is wearing was Brooklyn's. I remember wearing those dresses.