"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Our Summer - in a nut shell

Because I'll never blog until I feel somewhat caught up, I have decided to do one sentence about each "event" this summer.  This is going to be hard, but I feel it's necessary to get myself officially blogging again.  Here goes:

June points:

*Jarett Graduated

*We went to Elbow Falls

*Kienna graduated from Kindergarten

*Brooklyn and friends babysat the kids and did makeovers

July points:

*Banff trip with Moody cousins (we did a lot of "last opportunity" trips with them before they moved out to Maryland)

*Calaway for Kienna's birthday

*Zoo trip(s) - one with Melissa Ramsay and her two little girls

*Sundance Lake - many, many times - the kids just loved it!!

*Echo Lake - a whole week with the Mullens and Moodys at my favorite place in the world.

*Travis' spy birthday party (with just a couple days left to go)

*Friday night movie nights for the kids while Mom and Dad have "date night" downstairs

August points:

*Good-bye to the Moody's (the beginning of a long trip to Maryland for them - hopefully to return in two short years)

*Rediscover Fish Creek Park in the West side of the city (twice) once with a weiner roast

*Flathead Lake - a whole week with the Cahoons at the beautiful lake (with convenient nearby shopping)

*Kimberly coming home after a summer in Florida and having Nacho/Napoleon night!

*Saryn's Birthday with all Calgary relatives ~30 people (including surprise visit from Great Grandparents Nana and Grandpa Dan)

*Dressing up and playing with MANY gifts that spoiled the kids rotten.

*Doing my very first engagement photo session (Trevor and Janelle)

 Well, that about sums it up!  We sure have been busy.  These are mostly just the "photo-ized" memories.  But now I feel like it's all recorded and I can move on - hooray!  Thanks for taking this little flash back with me over the last few months.  It sure has been a great journey!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like lots of fun! i love ur friday night movie night while u have date night, do the kids bother u guys?

stone's eye view said...

LOVED summer. And LOVED actually seeing all ya'll.

Alanna said...

Oh.... I miss you! I miss our kids being together. I want to go write a post about how much I LOVED living a 3 minute walk from you. *sniff. *tear. *sigh.

Okay, LOVE Kaia in the model picture. Ha ha! She takes that soooo seriously!!!
LOVE Kienna and Travis looking SO excited (aka mouths wide open) on the ... dinosaur eggs? What a thrill ride!

LOVE all the cousin pics -Sundance Lake, Echo Lake, on the stairs before good-bye. So colorful and bright and happy are they!

Jaymeson WAS the cutest spy EVER!!! I need to send you my copy of Kienna's spy picture. It's the best!

SO IMPRESSED with you cakes of late, btw.

LOVE Saryn's lipstick and red drss... ha ha!!! Can you see her getting dulled up for dates in 12 years???? Oh boy!

And Ashley, that engagement picture in AMAZING!!!! I love it!
I can't believe my little Janelle that I taught piano to when she was 6... is getting MARRIED!!!!
I want to see more! Are they all this good???

Beryl Shoekel said...

Ash! I really enjoyed reading and seeing the pictures on your blog for this past summer. What a good idea to at least record the events by posting the pictures and captions of what they are about.
Your engagement picture of Janelle and Trevor is really, really, good. You definitely have a talent for taking good pictures.
Keep posting! Love to read about all your fun family experiences.
Love you all!
Aunty Beryl

Alysha Sladek said...

looks like a fun filled summer! good job on the photos too :)

Delcia said...

So fun to read a re-cap of the summer!! There were some great times!! I thought it was a fabulous summer despite the chilly weather and of course, the Moody move!

Becky said...

What a wonderful summer!!!