"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, January 8, 2010

Some other Highlights!!

This year marked my VERY first School Christmas Concert as a mom. Kaia was in the Division 1 choir and then every class also performed. My kids were totally waving the whole time. It was SO much fun to see them light up as they scanned the crowd and then saw us supporting them!

Kienna might stand out as being one of the taller ones in her class. Funny because she's my only girl that's been on the charts. I've always thought of her as a normal height. Guess it's all perspective... (back row 3 from the left)
Kaia also stands out as the tallest in her class. This is actually both the Gr. 1 French classes. She's tied for tallest here. No surprises. She's NEVER even been near the charts in height. (back row - 3 from the right).


Hayley's shower was super fun at her friend Katie Muirheads house. There's tons of pictures (if anyone is interested email me) but this one was my favorite and sums it all up!


Another fun time was making buns with the boys. Jarett has a very special skill in this department. He may start a bakery with Saryn shortly.....


Setting up the gym for Hayley's wedding was SUPER fun too! Many fun things done and said. Loved meeting Troy's family a little better. Thoroughly enjoyed having the chairs moved into the gym by about 100 missionaries that just finished up a Zone Conference. Tying bows and seeing the many hairstyles people came up with with the sashes. Of course, the biggest highlight was seeing the progress of the gym. It's amazing how things suddenly pop and look fabulous. Oh, I also loved Hayley up on the ladder fixing the chandelier.

When father-in-law Bruce (behind the chairs in this picture unfolding a chair cover) showed up to help my mom said, "Oh Bruce, you didn't need to come." His response, "That's not what Mary said...." I laughed SO hard!




One of my favorite events of every year is the nativity pageant. This year Kaia stepped down from her role as Mary so that Kienna could have a turn. Travis jumped to be Joseph as soon as he realized he got to be next to Kienna. So cute. Kaia made such a beautiful angel and Saryn was so sweet kissing baby Jesus. LOVED these moments!



Christmas Morning is an absolute favorite. This year was probably the last one we'll have at a Grandparents house. The end of an era. Kinda weird....


We also love cousins!! Hanging out with family, especially cousins....can life get better?










and of course crashing at the end of the day
(look at Saryn's backside - so funny)

Just a few of my highlights. There will be more.....never you fear!

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Thanks for pointing out her backside!!! I broke out laughing!!! So cute!!

Alanna said...

Darn, I'd convinced myself I didn't miss much with setting up the gym. Oh man! Love the picture of Hayley on the ladder! It was good times, wasn't it?

Hayley said...

I love that I am "shushing" Troy in that picture. Its funny. Also, the shower picture...not a huge fan. But I would love to be e-mailed more of them.

Kimberly Anne said...

haha i love the pic of them sleeping! That's classic. They all sleep crazy! Must take after their Aunty Kimmy.

stone's eye view said...

I really think Jaymeson and Monet look like siblings.