"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

And so it goes....

It hasn't been because my life hasn't been busy that I haven't posted anything for a while. HOLY SMOKES. I think I might be getting to the point where if I make it through a week without visiting our faithful pediatrician, I'd be really surprised. We have gone to see him almost every week since we came back to Edmonton. There have been annual visits(Kienna, Saryn & Jaymeson), Kaia and Kienna had strep throat, Kaia had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic Keflex. Swine Flu came and hit us hard. Kienna and Saryn both had it severely, Saryn was to the point where I was sleeping on her floor making sure she was breathing through the night. She was put on Tamiflu and things picked up quickly. Kaia they weren't sure about, but we thought it might be strep again. It turned out that we were right, her strep throat returned and she's now been put on some other antibiotics. Saryn is on Singulair to really control her asthma better. Jaymeson has been teething (which isn't dramatic, but it's difficult and very frustrating). Now, the flu is leaving their heads and the fever is gone, but on its way out, the flu couldn't help but give one last punch. Everyone has BRUTAL coughs that are keeping them up all night. Literally, ALL NIGHT. One after another would be coughing up a lung. As soon as one finished, another would start. It has been horrid! Kienna has also developed an ear infection that has been driving her crazy. After realizing that Kienna has lost almost 6 pounds, I start panicking. She has started looking so sick. Her eyes look sunken in and her lips are SO cracked and dry. She is SO lethargic and with this ear hurting and the coughing....back to the doctor we go. He said that her ear infection isn't really one he would normally treat, but with her surgery being only 6 days away, (tonsils, adenoids and ear tubes being removed) he needs that to be cleared up quickly. Now she's been put on antibiotics again, this time with a heavy dose to clear it up super fast. He also gave me Dimetapp with Codeine in it to stop the coughing at night. That way we can actually get some sleep to help their bodies heal. Last night was the first night in almost two weeks where I have been able to sleep straight through. It's been NON-STOP. I am feeling exhausted! Even Jarett has been showing symptoms of being sick. I'm worrying that it's strep throat. He's going into "final season" and is stressed to the max and is hardly ever home anymore. Hopefully he doesn't push himself too much or he may just collapse....which is what I am going to do right now. Kienna stayed home from school today to catch up on some much needed rest. All three of the kids are asleep, and so I am going to finish cleaning that which needs cleaning...and then going to sleep for as long as I can. Here's hoping for a quick recovery too all those who are sick, but especially little Kienna who has to be better for surgery next week!

6 comments:

Mackenzie Richards said...

That is CRAZY Ashley! Poor kids! And poor you! Hope they all get feeling better soon! Good luck with Kienna's surgery, hopefully that will make your lives a bit easier!

Kenz

Alanna said...

Oh, poor Kienna looks so sick! You must be going crazy. Hope you get a very good nap! Take care of yourself!

Karen said...

Oh dear Ashley! It sounds like you see more of my husband than I do!! I hope you have good Visiting Teachers cause it sure sounds like you could use some help. I hope you're all "out of the woods" and that things start to turn around for you all real soon.

Alysha Sladek said...

BRUTAL! so sorry to hear that. My kids have been ridiculously sick too. took all 4 of them to the ER 3 sundays ago only to be told it's a virus. but will's going on 10 days of diahrrea (sp?). hopefully you're all better soon and jarrett/you don't get it. you'll need a nice long vacay after all this!!!

Marilee said...

Don't you wonder how we get through this kind of stuff as mothers? I hope things get better quickly and life can get back to normal.

Laurel had a bad reaction to Keflex a few years ago, she got the itches really bad and a rash I think.

I'll mention to Brad about a second date. Sounds good to me.

stone's eye view said...

Dear little Kienna, I hope she mends fast!