"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, September 29, 2008

High Grade

So last night, Kaia had a fever of 103.5. She was being so sweet and snuggly that I was feeling very affectionate and I said,

"You know that I love you, right?"
"Yes"
"And you know that I'd do anything for you?"
"Yeah, I told a story about how Daddy would do anything for me in Primary, remember?"
"Yeah, you're pretty lucky to have two parents who love you so much, eh?"
"Yeah, but Heavenly Father loves me too and he can do more for me than you can."
"Yes, that's true....."

I felt a little less important in her life for a minute but then realized that Heavenly Father uses me to give her almost everything that he can because he knows that I'll want to too. Anyway, it was a funny conversation......Leave it to a 5 year old to totally change your perspective.

4 comments:

Becky said...

There is nothing like the perspective of a sweet little 5 year old. They are more wise than we know. What a blessing kids are! How are you feeling? I hope you are doing well!

Laura Leavitt said...

I hope her fever gets better. She is so sweet.

stone's eye view said...

That girl has insight beyond her years.

Megan C said...

It's amazing how "in tune" little children are isn't it? It's also very humbling when it makes you realize that they really are the chosen generation!