"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Week One of Three

My first week of vacation was wonderful....but busy. We had a few days to get ready for my Grandparents anniversary, we had a birthday party for Travis (my nephew) which we did a Dora scavenger hunt for and we went to Lethbridge and celebrated the 60 years my Grandparents have been together. So here are the pictures from that first week.....

The invitation to my Grandparents Anniversary Party... thanks Alysha, they looked great.

Travis being silly while opening his presents. I can't believe it was 4 years ago that Alanna had him so early. He doesn't look like he was born at 29 weeks, does he?

Saryn loved this book that my Mom gave Travis.....he was very good at sharing.


Some quick family pictures that we shot before the reception on my Uncle's land in Lethbridge.



Me and My Sisters


Magrath Days
I had never been before, but it was great. Here are the pictures from the Petting Zoo and races. All of the kids got to participate. It was super fun. They loved the face painting and, thanks to Aunts who spoil us, they loved the Sno Cones and the Cotton Candy.





Kienna started to get her nerves on end when a horse neighed right behind her, so she went out of the corral.



Apparently we have found one thing that Kaia is less scared of than Jarom...
Baby bunnies can be very scary!


Jack running his first race (I'm pretty sure)

Travis gearing up to go.

Kienna was dead last in the race but was so sure that she had won that we dared not tell her otherwise... She was first for enthusiasm in my books.

Jarom was a little bit more into the competition than Kaia.

As if this isn't the classic kids race picture.....I loved it.

Kaia and Jarom getting ready for their first 3 legged race ever.....

It kinda showed in their performance, but I was super proud of them for trying....

Now, one may think that this is just a still shot of the wheel barrow race that Alanna and Travis went on, but this could also be the video, Travis must've thought it was an assisted handstand competition....


The Face Painting


Mom and Dad enjoying the weather....

Hayley and Jarom with a Sno Cone. This was as happy as Jarom would look for the camera.

Travis also enjoyed his Sno Cone....his moms pants didn't so much....


At the Williams House after Magrath Day Celebrations:
Brother Williams drove our kids around for a while and then let my Mom and Hayley take turns driving. The kids had a blast, it was so much fun for them....especially when they'd get a spray from the sprinkler. We had a great lunch here too. The Williams are wonderful people.



Of course, everyone was exhausted by the end of the day. Brooklyn wasn't faking too much for this picture......they were all out pretty good when we got home. What a week!!

6 comments:

Maren said...

Super cute! I love the family pics and the ones with your sisters. Priceless, ...and of course, you look great!

Alanna said...

Okay, Ashley--Great pictures. I need them all. So you're going to have to send them to me, Okay? And I'll return the favor, if you tell me the best way to do it.

ps Love the wheelbarrow race caption!

Becky said...

Ashley,
I love the pictures! Your family is so cute! And you look great! How are you feeling? I hope you guys are doing well!
love,
Becky (0:
Smile

Oler Family said...

So cute! I love all the pictures! And all in one week? I LOVE the picture of you and all your sisters standing up... you are all goergous!

Alysha Sladek said...

great pictures. you've been busy. but looks like you've been having so much fun. glad the invitations worked out :)

Alysha Sladek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.