"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, July 7, 2008

Update!!

So we've had a busy couple months and I've been negligent in updating my blog as much as I would like. I apologize for the severe length of pictures on my blog, but since I LOVE pictures, I have to have them posted. These were taken a couple days to a week after Kienna's broken collar bone.


Sundance Lake
One of the only times Kaia has fallen asleep watching a movie. Kienna did too, but that's not quite as surprising. They fell asleep just before I had to teach piano and they slept through the entire lesson.






Ramsay Park: We came here for Mary Grace Anderson's Birthday and had a BLAST. The kids love this park and I FINALLY remembered to bring a camera. We played on the park and with kites and all sorts of fun. It was a great day.

Kaia loves this, as you walk it turns under your feet. She's getting quite good at it too.
Kienna picks flowers constantly and gives them to me (it's very sweet, but I'm sure the people who landscape the parks aren't thrilled with her)

Look how happy this child is, she couldn't play on the playground because of her shoulder, but she had a riot in the sand (followed by a very good thorough bath).
Saryn lovin' the car there.

Kienna playing in the sand.


Kaia on the elephant teeter-totter.




Gabe eating cake.

Kaia chased the kites like crazy and tried to catch them when the guys lowered them.




Saryn thought she had died and gone to heaven. She chased after the kites and would point at them to tell me where they were. She was SO cute.

Kaia finally caught the kite.


This is possibly my favorite picture of Saryn. She was running after a fallen kite and obvious very excited.



Saryn pointing out the kite to me.


Saryn likes to freak me out by doing this. She hangs on all the bars anywhere. Then lifts up her feet (below) and swings like a monkey. This girl is getting us ready for the busyness of a boy.





Kaia's first try at Monkey Bars EVER. She did really good. She made is across two or three which is more than I've ever done in my life.


Hazel loves to be in charge with Saryn and I think Saryn's finally come to terms with it and so they're getting along quite well. Of course, anyone who will push Saryn in a swing is considered a hero in her eyes.



Sadie, Mary Grace and Kaia on the 3-way teeter-totter.

THE DENTIST
It was all the kids first visit to a dentist that wasn't with their Aunties doing the cleaning. They all did really well. Saryn rode in a chair too, but it was while I was in the chair, so I didn't get a pictures. For the first part though, she was quite content watching Nemo.


Betsey Stanford cleaned Kaia's teeth. It's a small world. (Betsey and I were in Young Womens together and have known eachother forever).


On the way to Calgary for the Long Weekend.
Kienna picking a flower (again) in Red Deer while we were stopped doing an errand.

Saryn putting her fingers through a pretzel.


8 comments:

Laura Leavitt said...

I love all the pictures. I LOVE the one of Saryn so excited. That is way too cute. That is so funny how they are all asleep like that in the living room. It was nice to see Rebecca's kids too.

Alysha Sladek said...

cute pictures. funny... i haven't seen you in a couple weeks and all of a sudden your girls have grown up! WHAT? crazy! so cute. kienna looks like she's managing pretty well all things considering. your kids fall asleep in the car? LUCKY!

Oler Family said...

You have such cute girls! I love the picture of Saryn running after the fallen kite and Kaia sleeping in the car...too funny! How much longer does Kienna have to wear her sling for? Poor girl!

Laura Leavitt said...

love your new blog look

ZogLady said...

Ashley!

Beautiful pictures, seems like your family is doing well! I can't believe how big the girls are getting!

Becky said...

Ashley,
I love to see pictures! Don't feel bad for posting tons! I love to look at them. I need to post more!
How are you feeling? I hope that things are going great!
love,
Becky (0:
Smile

Susie said...

umm your kids are so growing up! guess your are ready for #4 then

April said...

You look like you are having an awesome summer with your girls! You're family is beautiful!