"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kienna's Fourth Birthday!!

Yes, my little blondie is four years old. I can hardly believe it. She is such a sweet heart and is just so cute. Anyway, here are the pictures from her party.


Kienna opening her first present - a kite.


This isn't a great picture, but it's a good "before" picture. About 30 seconds after this shot was taken, a HUGE hail storm came in. We all bolted to the car grabbing a child, present or camera and waited until the end of the storm (this being about 5 minutes later). The kids were screaming and I forgot to grab the keys....so I had to run back and forth and finally we were all in the car when the hail stopped. After the rain slowed down, we decided to finish the picnic and kite flying.....seeing as the hot dogs were all ready 2 seconds before the storm arrived. So here are the after pictures.

Aunty Kimmy
Gran

Auntie Brookie
Aunty Hayley

Mommy and Saryn (she cried for so long after the storm, it really scared her)

My little girls after being soaked.

A couple of the presents....do they look a little soggy?

Kienna by her sopping presents.

The curly haired wonders that we were all so jealous of.

Kienna's barbies that she got.

Kaia wrapped this present by herself, it looked better before the rain too.

Saryn holding the barbies. She wouldn't let go for so long and she'd follow my Dad around and introduce him to them. "Prince Phillip" and then "Sleeping Beauty". I think she told him that at least 20 times.

Don't you love how the paper tore? It just kinda melted off the presents.

Of course, once we wanted to fly kites, the wind totally died.

Jarett and the girls admitting defeat.

Hayley didn't give up. According to the kite, it will fly in winds of 7km/h and up. Hayley apparently can run that fast....haha.

Yes, my parents are just that cute. My Dad pushing my mom on the swing.

We went home for the cake (for obvious reasons). So here is the Family around the cake.

Our little family - Saryn insisted in sitting in her booster for this. I think it's because she knows that's where she'd get the cake.

The cake
Kaia picked all the colours and told me where to put everything. She was super excited for Kienna to see it.

Apparently Kienna was tired by the end of the day.....

10 comments:

Kristy said...

hey Ashley,

found your blog from Liams. Your family's so cute. I LOVE that picture of her sleeping on the toilet. priceless!

Laura Leavitt said...

Happy birthday Kienna.....I love the cake. The picture of her on the potty is awesome.

Cindy Anderton said...

Ya we're moving that way...crazy eh? It is a huge move but I am sure it will be worth it! I can't believe you are on your 4th kid and I just had my first...I better get crackin! Your girls are so cute and one of them looks just like Marella

Megan C said...

That last picture is PRICELESS!!!

stone's eye view said...

Happy Birthday Kienna! Save the last pic for the wedding day.

Alanna said...

Wow, Ashley, you weren't kidding that you got "hit" by a storm. Did you get Mom's permission to put up that photo of her?--it does say a million words.
Looks like despite some set backs (which really are the most memorable), it was an awesome day!
Love the potty picture :D
-Alanna

Alysha Sladek said...

gotta love canadian weather hey? looks like they still had a great time! happy birthday kienna! can't believe she's 4.

Susie said...

super fun party. the last one seriously made me laugh thanks. Kienna is a real cutie.

Becky said...

What an awesome birthday!! Sorry about the haol storm!
And I LOVE the sleeping on the potty! What a great picture to show her boyfriend someday!
love,
Becky (0:
Smile

Unknown said...

Wow, you're girls are so big! Gosh we miss you guys! But it looks like you're all having a blast! I would love to keep seeing your blog...mobratly@yahoo.com! Thank you for staying in touch from so far away!

Michelle Kemp