"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Contrast in Salmon....

So, I might be a little biased, but the following story made me very proud of how smart Kaia is. She was calling a family friend, Zach, on his birthday. The conversation went along these lines:

"Zach, how old are you turning?"
"Can you guess"
"Um, 19"
"Yes, how did you know?"
"Well, last time I saw you, you said that you were 18 and so now you add 1 and that makes 19"
"Wow Kaia, you're really smart"
"I know, I like to eat Salmon"

Obviously, I've driven home the point that each kind of food helps us in different ways, and she's paying a lot more attention than I thought. To contrast this sweet conversation however, I would like to bring you all into my van yesterday. I had just finished buckling up the crew when I remembered that we didn't bring the iPod into the van. . . .

"Uh oh, I forgot to bring the iPod, should I run back in and get it, or should we just go?"
"Go and get it Mom....we'll wait"
"Okay, just give me a second" *deep breath bracing for a run*
"Mom, maybe you should eat some more salmon."
"Why, honey?"
"Because sometimes you're not very smart"

I tell you, if the show "Kids say the Darndest Things" came back, Kaia would take it to new levels....

Anyway, just wanted to write those down before I forgot....you know, because I don't eat enough Salmon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are writing about something other than reading a l-o-n-g book. Perhaps because you are eating more salmon? I will be sure to serve it next time you are in Calgary so that you and your kids can eat lots.
What does Kaia say about the chocolate food group?

stone's eye view said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stone's eye view said...

Kaia is a smartie. Every family gets at least one. Too bad Jarett was the "slow" learner of our family... look where its gotten him! I'm surprised he passed 2nd grade.

Alysha Sladek said...

hahahahaha nice! she's such a goof!