"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, July 8, 2013

Letter to Portugal

I figured that since I write in my blog about as often as I write Brooklyn who is on her mission in Portugal, I'd just take some of that letter and put it here for reference.  Enjoy:


I'm so sorry that I've been a terrible writer.  Technically I have no excuse, but life just goes SO fast.  Cleaning up from the floods etc. has been crazy!!  We've been in Vegas and then doing a complete re-organization of the house to get rid of any extras that we can send to the evacuees from the floods.  The kids are done school, but we've been having fun just chillin' and getting stuff done.  Jaymeson just got a guitar that is really sweet... Kaia is learning some Wicked songs on her violin and Kienna got the Les Mis book for cello.  I went and saw Les Mis and it was amazing!!  Benson is so crazy busy - and it just keeps getting worse.  Today he toilet papered my bathroom by dipping it all in the toilet and throwing it around the bathroom.  It looked like giant spitballs (but toilet water) stuck to the mirror, the shower and all over the floor.  It was SO gross.  We saw Piano Guys when we were in Vegas and it was amazing.  We also saw a Cirque de Soleil and had our minds blown (actually just about a week after we saw this performance, one of the people died while doing it - crazy!!). 

I got to clean the temple on Thursday night - it was SO awesome.  I actually got to go down under the font and dust the oxen which is SO cool, because how often do you get to go down there??! (I got to vacuum all the mens change rooms too, which I also never get to go in, but it just didn't have the same thrill behind it).  Somehow, life has seriously just been going 100 miles a minute and I feel like I never get a second to think... but it's been the good stuff.  Can't complain about that.

Speaking of time flying, Kienna turned NINE on Saturday.  We took a couple friends with us to Calaway Park and did a low-key birthday party there.  We went on Friday so that we could all volunteer for flood relief on Saturday.  I was really impressed with Kienna wanting to help babysit people's kids so they could go to High River on her birthday.  It's super exhausting and overwhelming to work there and see all that these people are losing.  It's motivated me to really clean out a lot of my house.  I don't need even half of what I have and it would be fantastic to have more room and space.  It's been a theme.  I actually went through all my clothes and am down to just a few outfits that work better.  I have very few clothes that fit right now regardless because I've finally been losing some weight.  In fact, I'm down about the same amount of weight as you are it seems.  I started at 199 in January and am down to 182.  It's been super encouraging to see it finally coming.

Well, that about sums up last week.  Hopefully I'll write again soon!!

No comments: