"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Trickster Theater

My kids were involved in a school play last night called Trickster Theater.  They did so well and were SO excited.

It all started on Monday when the "Tricksters" (actors) came to the school and explained what was going to happen.  They took time through the week and taught the kids their parts.  They taught them how to act, speak up, get in character, work together, and create props for their scenes.

All week long they practiced, they got excited and they talked of nothing else.  It was so much fun to see Kienna as a Pirate (or scalawag) and Kaia in a Yoga Class (a Yogi).  They had SO much fun and did SO well (although they both admitted they had a little stage fright).

I was really impressed with Trickster Theater.  They really worked hard and you can tell that their energy rubbed off on the kids.  Now, if only they can find a place for parents to sit that isn't on the gymnastics mats for 2 hours...

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Fun! I vaguely remember having something like that when I was in elementary school. But I really didn't like being on stage. I like watching the other kids in the class though! I'm glad Kaia and Kienna enjoyed themselves.

Delcia said...

That sounds so fun! They were talking to me about a play they were in before I left. I was really sad that it had to be while I was gone but the two hours on the gymnastics mats has helped me get over the pain!!! I am sure glad they had fun though and got to be a part of something they enjoyed so soon after coming to the new school!!!

Beryl Shoekel said...

What a wonderful idea for the school to have. I'm sure the kids really enjoyed participating in this event. I wish I could have seen them although like your mom I don't know if I could have handled sitting on mats for two hours. Really happy they had this experience.

Beryl Shoekel said...

Ash,
You are really talented in photography, all these pictures of the kids are soooo good. Every one is a good picture and that is not an easy task since kids most times don't cooperate.
Also enjoy reading about the whhole experience.
Keep up the good work, it is one of your many talents.
Love ya!
Aunty Beryl