"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We're Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo....

How about you, you, you?.....
You can come too, too, too.....
We're going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo.....

We have Season Passes to the Zoo, and we have LOVED IT!

WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD!!!

The following pictures are from 2 of the times we've ventured over there.

Day 1: May 15th, 2009
The first time was with Brittany, my Mom and all the kids.

Arriving at the Zoo...


Saryn pointing to a hawk that she found












Saryn had been talking about seeing the "Teddy Bears" and saw this plastic one in the Otter exhibit. I thought she would be delighted, but obviously, I was mistaken...


The Bald Eagles were posing for us this day. It was AMAZING! My kids actually touched their feathers through the wires. They were SO close. I didn't use zoom for these pics at all...

I couldn't believe that Saryn would climb on this after her reaction from the other bear...
Glad to be wrong!

My little model.

I love that Kienna is telling the Bear a secret here...

Apparently Kienna has an interest in Dentistry...


Yep, Saryn has her priorities right. She could be watching a hippo or a giraffe right up close, but there's a phone....so what was she supposed to do?? Perhaps she might be a great secretary one day...


Oh yeah, the other perfect thing about the day....it just HAPPENED to be the baby gorilla's first birthday! Kienna didn't notice that, but she DID find a beautiful flower....


Brittany and I were a little scared about the crocodile warnings....


Yep, the birthday girl was putting on her best performance. She even gave Saryn a high five. These girls were in heaven.


Dwarf Crocodiles.... which one is in the cage??


My little man with his Gran....priceless kisses.


Saryn found her real species. Apparently this is her biological mother... this is why she jumps so much!

"Mom, is that really you??"


My little Joey's


My Baby Kangaroos


Somehow even Britt got in there....it really is a snuggly pouch!


At the AWESOME playground there.
The girls played and I got some special time with my baby...



Aunty Brittany is the coolest, she even slides down the slides and saves the girls from the snake.
These might be the cutest Koalas EVER!!


As we were leaving - we saw another peacock (they're all over the zoo). My mom sighed and said, "Oh, I wish just one of the would open their feathers." It was all that this peacock needed. He followed the queue and put on this marvelous show! Aren't they beautiful?? Apparently the males aren't as beautiful as the females, but the females have such incredible colours that the human eye can't see it. I think the males are just about as amazing as they come.

Well, this was the "tail" end of our first trip. What a day!!
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Oh, and what would be a trip to the zoo without stopping for burgers on the way home. Saryn was feeling generous and saved some of her burger to give to "Gran". Isn't she SO generous?? Yep, that's it on my Mom's fingertip.

Day 2: May 27th, 2009
The second time was just me, Saryn and Jaymeson. The older girls were with Manya in Drumheller. The girls had SO much fun in Drumheller - and I was able to spend some really great 1 on 1 time with Saryn. It was a win/win situation all the way around!

Saryn was SO disappointed that she didn't get to see the elephants (ele"p"ants, not ele"f"ants) on the first trip, so it was our first stop...

She was a little scared of the buddha elephant at first....
but got over it quite quickly... here she is rubbing its belly for good luck!
The gardeners have started all their beautiful gardens. A major part of the gardens is under construction, but this is a taste of how beautiful it is...

Jaymeson was such a little trooper. I love his little baseball hat!

All the peacocks kept on fighting. This is what Saryn was saying they looked like...

My cute little man!

The flamingos were fun, but they also kept on fighting. We have a little bit on video. We'll see if we can get that on here too!! I learned on this day where the expression, "Don't ruffle your feathers" comes from. Their feathers stick straight up when they're mad.


She has obviously overcome her fear of statues...

So scared coming out of the snakes mouth



On the way out we got to see the bull elephant. He really is SO much bigger!!


WE LOVE THE ZOO!! We'll be there a LOT this summer....anyone wanna join?!?

5 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

We love the zoo too, we have season passes also, we should go together!!

Brittany said...

That was so fun! Good Times! Can we go again?

Hayley said...

All three of them look bored sitting on top of the bear together. That's funny. I love the zoo! I will have to go sometime too!

Alanna said...

Umm...yeah picture overload's an understatement! But I have to admit there were a lot of very cute ones. I can't wait to see Jaymeson...he looks so big!!! And Saryn makes a great angry peacock!

Brittany said...

I like Ashley's eyes in the picture of mom holding her portion of the hamburger