"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Mastermind


I played mastermind with my kids tonight.  It surprised me that my boys (age 4&6) were the ones that brought it out.  Benson wanted me to "make it work" while Jay was out helping Kienna with her flyers.  Trying to understand what he wanted, I walked him through the game.  He wasn't impressed.  He said he needed to shoot the things out when he won.  
"No Benson, that would make a huge mess.  Just a keep them in the box, okay?"
"Okay, I guess it's broken."

Then Jay comes home.
"Mom, did you fix that game?  It's broken."
"No buddy, it wasn't broken, it still works."
"But it doesn't shoot out the bullets like it says on the box!"

Of course!!  The mastermind pieces are flying on the box.  THAT is why my boys were interested in the game - and, rightfully so, disappointed with the results.  They thought they had to crack the code to make the billets fly everywhere.  Sigh.  Boys are different creatures than girls!  

My girls and I sure had a lot of fun with it after the boys went to bed though!

1 comment:

Kamry Low said...

so funny how different boys and girls are. fun game! played that a lot with my grandpa growing up :)