"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Limericks

Kaia was learning about Limericks today, and we found a few examples on Wikipedia that made me laugh.  Thought I'd share:

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
In space that is quite economical.
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.
 
 
 
A lively young damsel named Menzies
Inquired: "Do you know what this thenzies?"
    Her aunt, with a gasp,
    Replied: "It's a wasp,
And you're holding the end where the stenzies.
 
(that was Kaia's favorite by FAR)
 
There was a young man from Japan
Whose limericks never would scan.
When asked why this was,
He replied "It's because
I always try to fit as many syllables into the last line as ever I possibly can
 
There once was a man from the sticks
Who liked to compose limericks.
But he failed at the sport,
For he wrote 'em too short.
 
 (haha)
 
I think we might have to do more poetry.  We've been really enjoying these and some Acrostic Poems as well.  Next is Haiku, I believe.  Any other suggestions?
 
 

3 comments:

Alanna said...

I loved them, except I'm not quite getting Kaia's favorite--and Dustin was no help. I'm feeling a little slow especially compared to my very bright niece!

Ashley Dawn said...

You have to say it with a Scottish Accent... and it all comes together.

Brittany said...

loving the limmericks