"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Friday, August 10, 2012

Yesterday's Quote of the Day

Of course, it's hard to beat a 3-year-old in the "quote of the day" competition... so Jaymeson seems to be quoted more than anyone else.  Yesterday's quote went as follows:

"Mommy, what are you doing?"
"Putting on make-up"
"Why?"
"So I can look beautiful"
"Oh!"
"So, do I look beautiful?"
"Um, not yet.  Only when you get finished."

Serves me right for looking for a compliment.  On the other hand, he walks around throughout the day telling me that he loves me, or loves my room, or something at least 30 times a day.  The day before yesterday, I finished my tea apron that I've been working on.  He noticed!!  (He'll be a great husband one day).  That conversation went as follows:

"Mommy, did you make that?"
"Yes, I did!"
"Mommy, that's AMAZING!!  It looks so AWESOME!"

Yeah, I'll keep him!

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Ha ha! Gotta love kids honesty... no I mean confusion. Yikes... that was close.
No seriously... you're ALWAYS beautiful (but when you're approaching 30... the makeup does help... sigh)