"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, February 23, 2009

Moments Like These....

Every week, I look forward to the weekend. Why? I don't know. It's just as hard as the week - maybe even more stressful. But I decided that I really love the weekends for moments like these:

Moment #1 - Saturday Night Baths


Rub-a-dub-dub, Three Girls in a Tub....
Granted, this is quite a long moment, but the girls just have a blast. They are mermaids, they go fishing, they play with the rubber ducks and they stay in there until they get all wrinkled up (like you can see with the feet shots). I bathe Jaymeson in there too (it gets pretty squished), but it's a little bit too hard to take a picture of all of them while holding him, so this is as good as it gets.

Oh, and one big bonus is that my floors get cleaned because of the vast amount of water that "magically" escapes the bathtub and ends up on the floor. Of course, this isn't their fault.... "Saryn did it"

Moment #2 - Jaymeson's Outfit for Church

He's been sporting a onesie with pants or a mock polo shirt, but yesterday was his first day wearing a button up shirt - and boy did he look handsome!


Moment #3 - Kaia's first Tithe

Kaia helped
clean the basement and got 1 penny for every toy she picked up. She also had some money from the tooth fairy, so when she learned about tithing, she was very excited to pay her tithing and help to feed poor people all over the world....and build churches and temples and every thing else. She has an obsession with helping poor people, so this was especially motivating. She was reminding me all week to figure out how much money to give on tithing and to bring it to church. So yesterday, she paid her first tithe - 81 cents. I was so proud of her. She walked up to the bishop and gave it to him - and didn't say a word (for those of you who really know Kaia - this is strange). She told me that she's a little bit scared of the bishop, but it still really felt good to pay her tithing. So here she is with her tithing envelope.


Moment #4 - Sunday Dinner (or any other dinner)

So, yesterday Saryn decided that eating her dinner was a little bit too hard. She ate all her noodles and chicken, but was down to her 3 pieces of broccoli and lettuce. This suddenly became overwhelming. She was running around the house and dancing in her chair. She was saying her tummy hurts and everything else. Finally, dessert came out for all those who were done. She was a little bit disappointed. This was her reaction:


Although, this moment probably doesn't seem like a great one to most of you, it gives me a great laugh. It also makes me feel like I can win sometimes. Even if it IS against a two year old. The biggest reason, however, is because one day I will have a dinner that is quiet or even full of intelligent conversation and I will really miss these days. I don't know why, but I know that it will happen, so I've decided to enjoy it while it lasts....

9 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

those are wrinkly toes! bath time is the best. they're all contained in one spot - i love it!
and it is a win no matter at what age!! i LOVE that you got a picture of her reaction! i got a good laugh outta it.

Ashley Smith said...

I feel so sad for Saryn there. awww. your a strong mommy.

Anonymous said...

your family is soo cute

Alanna said...

I love the wrinkly toes, button-up shirt and Kaia's concern for the poor (why doesn't that surprise me?)
I don't love that you have your address up on your public blog...be careful! Am I paranoid?

Cindy Anderton said...

Saryn should have her own reality show she is hilarious. Those 3 girls in a tub remind me of me & my 2 sisters in the tub and how the youngest did everything that was bad. Poor Saryn will be the scapegoat for years to come

stone's eye view said...

Jaymeson is SO CUTE!!!!

Hayley said...

Wrinkliest toes ever! So cute!

Brittany said...

So cute... I love your weekends too! Awww... Saryn looks so distraught! Kaia is cute, and rich! Love the wrinkly toes!

Kimberly Anne said...

Aw Ashley! I love these little moments so much too! That's why I miss you guys so stinkin' much and I can't wait to see you all!
oh and ps: your "about me" description... Classic! :)