"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Jarett

We have had quite a bumpy road over the last month. We have debated moving and contemplated the effect it would have on our family. After much debate, the choice was kind of taken away from us.
We didn't fully understand why, but we knew it must be the Lords will. This happened on Thursday.  On Thursday evening at about 10 o'clock, Jarett got a phone call from the second counselor in the stake presidency. He wanted to meet with Jarett and me sometime over the next couple days.
Knowing that the bishop had served for over five years, and was about to be released, we were fairly certain he would get a calling into the new bishopric. This was exactly his new calling. He was put in today as the second counselor in our ward's bishopric.  Bret Kapscos is the new bishop. Jim Irwin is the first counselor. I have so much respect for both of these men. It will be a very neat adventure for our family!

I am nervous to get the six children ready for 9am church on time by myself. I am nervous to survive a sacrament meeting without any help on the other end of the pew.  I know, however, that when we are serving the Lord, we are blessed for our efforts, and I am excited to see miracles in our lives!

The Spirit was so strong when the new Bishopric was set apart.  I know these men are called of God and I can't wait to see how they grow through this experience.

Already, I've seen my kids grow - and it's only been a few hours.

Jaymeson's prayer tonight said, "Heavenly Father, please help that your son, and my father, the second counselor, will remember to read his scriptures so that he can be a better counselor."

I love Jarett and I'm super proud of him for accepting this calling and becoming a High Priest.  I can't wait to support him through it and to bond with the other wives of the bishopric through the process.

1 comment:

Alysha Sladek said...

That's crazy and exciting. He'll be great in there. Funny how the Lord guides you to where you're supposed to be