"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, March 30, 2015

St Patrick's Day and Some Randoms

Jaymeson was so excited for leprechauns and gold and many other things green.  Thankfully, his amazing teacher satisfied his dream by hosting a leprechaun in their class and having a Green Party.  I made these tasty treats, but otherwise, our St Patrick's Day was limited to green pancakes!

We did, however, end our day with a little hair cut.  As you can see, it was getting a little longer than his standard military cut...


In my defence, I was up quite late the night before making a South African recipe for Kienna's 'International Feast' at school.  Milk Tarts became an instant hit in our family!  I got to deliver them, along with the Green Rice Krispies Squares, to the school in the morning (I felt a little ill and didn't get it all packaged up in a way I would trust the kids walking them to school).  


Otherwise, things have been a little more typical around the house.  Thought I'd share a few little pictures that I quickly snapped with my phone.


This means trouble!!


I've moved all nautical theme into our den and have been working on adding some more colour in our family room.  I'm excited to see how it all works out!!


Jarett frequently does the dishes at night while listening to a show on wireless headphones.  He had left the base plugged in over night and Benson wanted to watch a show while I taught piano, so he figured it out quickly and loved this new experience!

Lanaya fell asleep in her high chair... Not the normal direction.  She has since began to climb much more and is strapped into her chair before I turn my back for a minute.

Love Lanaya's new hat!!

Benson got a new snowsuit (awesome clearance!) and wouldn't take it off - even indoors - for a couple hours. (I'll have to search a little for this picture)
 
We also started to do flyers.  Kaia and Kienna have each taken on a route and we are delivering about 200 flyers each week.  Just some of the folding that we've been doing each week. The bag is holding between 40-60 flyers.
 

No comments: