"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, March 2, 2015

Bishop's Ball



We had SO much fun on Friday night!  My Mom was put in charge of decorating and my sister, Kim, was in charge on putting on a 15 minute floor show.  We were easy recruits and were signed up for the Swing and Disco numbers.  I was a little apprehensive at first, but it was so much fun!



We really bonded with the other couples, got some good exercise at rehearsals and really had a blast performing!  We enjoyed each others company so much we even went and took a group shot at the photo booth!!



My sisters and I had a blast trying on all the dresses at my moms house and getting ready for the ball!  It was such a fun night!





 Jarett was asked to sing "The Way you Look Tonight" with the Big Band and he sounded amazing!  It's a song I've wanted him to sing since we were dating.  He even dedicated it to me and I got to stand in front of the stage and stare at him with a cheesy smile. 

 
Karen Baker came up to me during the number and said, "I just told Don that if he dies before me, I'm holding auditions for the new husband.  He's going to have to dance and sing."  Apparently Jarett is making the cut.  ;)  Lucky for me, he's all mine!


Of course, those of Mullen & Co. who were present had to get a shot.  What a fun place to work...


My ever supportive Gran and Aunty Beryl came up to help and see all the decorations, the dancing and hear the music.  We love having them around SO much!


One of the highlights of the night actually happened after the ball.  We came home to this note taped to our closet.  "Mom and Dad,  I cleaned up the main floor a bit so that this Saturday can be fun.  We can spend the morning cleaning our rooms, practicing and such, then we can have fun.  -Kaia"


Sometimes I just am overwhelmed by how thoughtful our kids can be.  I came home to a perfectly clean main floor.  The kitchen sparkled, the dishes were done, the toys put away and it was wonderful!  It was the perfect end to the perfect evening!

2 comments:

Alanna said...

I was SOOOO excited to see this post! Those feather boa pictures are a hoot! I so wish I could have been there to see the whole thing!

Alanna said...

Oh and Kaia.... You're awesome! You can come live at my house!