"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)

Monday, February 2, 2009

The Mask is off!!

They say to find a true reflection of who you are, see how you spend your spare time.

Jarett treated me yesterday by taking the girls out for some errands giving me some spare time. So, what do I do with MY spare time?? Take a look.

First things first.....Jaymeson blew out of his diaper. So we started with a bath....


Now, free time, wouldn't be free time without talking to family and friends (note that the phone says Low Battery...yes, I wore out the battery in the 3 hours I had). The phone is something I can do while doing all the many other things I did...
Of course, it also wouldn't be right without playing on the computer. I checked blogs, played Free Cell, played on facebook and balanced my bank account.

Now, like most moms, I am trying to get in shape and lose some pounds (I still have faith). So, I had to bust out the turbo jam....even though I had done pilates in the morning (this is a luxury - I don't usually get to do TWO videos in one day).

Now, for some indulgence.... I have one true LOVE (Jarett knows he's only 2nd place, I'm sure). I needed my vanilla ice cream. Now, I could've added chocolate syrup or butterscotch or something, but I really prefer just plain vanilla with a tiny spoon.


Proof that I truly am addicted to taking pictures....I couldn't put the camera down (obviously, or I wouldn't have a picture of all the things I did).

I have a deep desire to have a clean house and I rarely get a chance to get it all done. As I just read on a friends blog today, "'Trying to keep a house clean while raising a family is like trying to string beads without first tying a knot in the end of the string. You can work as hard and as fast as you want, but when you look back at your handiwork to see how nice it looks, nothing's there.' --The LDS Mothers Almanac" So I indulged in some cleaning that would STAY clean for a little while. I started with the dishes, because as Granny would say, "A house looks clean when the dishes are done and the floors are clean."


Then on to the never ending job of the laundry. I ACTUALLY got completely caught up. Check it out!! You can SEE the bottom of the basin AND all the laundry was folded.
No, I didn't kick up and relax completely while I had a break, but I LOVED everything I got done and it SURE felt wonderful to get it all done, even if the dishes and laundry were refilled within an hour of finishing. I truly surprised myself, I thought I'd just sleep through it all...

So here the question of the day: What would YOU do with 2-3 hours??

13 comments:

Brandy said...

wow... ashley you are talented! the ice cake?! that must have taken forever... i love all the pics... you're blog is looking very valentiny cute!

Jolanda said...

I think my day would be the EXACT same as yours. Nothing feels as de-stressing as a nice clean house. I would also leave the house for a run, without any kids.

Jolanda said...

as good...I meant to say that..

Alanna said...

I'm so proud of how you spent your time...very productive. I actually have some time right now...and I'm not being as good.

LindsayB said...

you got all that done in 3 hours?! awesome! i would have done half that and then taken a nap.

Brittany said...

That is very impressive Ashley! I don't think that I would have been that productive... looking at my last three hours to myself (being the last three hours)... nope not that productive! Good job!

Alysha Sladek said...

sweet! you got a ton done! i probably would've been on the computer - fb, photoshop, etc. that and eating mmmmmmmm
love all the pictures to go with your post!

Ashley Smith said...

I am jealous of your clean house and folded laundry. truth be told I would probably nap.

Megan C said...

Wow! You're much better than me! I would have called up my girlfriend and gone to dinner and a movie. . . wait. . . that IS what I am doing this weekend. . .see. . I told you I would!

Anonymous said...

Why did you post pictures of baby Jarett on this entry?

Hayley said...

Typical Ashley...I'm glad you still love Vanilla Ice Cream more then anything else in life...And you take pictures of your camera...talent!

stone's eye view said...

Right now.... I would so nap. And maybe make a cake and eat it or something. We'll see what I do in 5 weeks.

ZogLady said...

I keep thinking that I would take a hot shower, do my nails, hair, etc. and just relax. But I'd probably either end up 1) Clean or 2) sunggle under my blanket and watch TV while FBing and blogging... *L*